Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Mountains of the Moon (Montage della Luna - Lago dei Sette Colori)



                                                                  Il Lago dei Sette Colori

The first time my Husband and I went on a hike it was to this magnificent place, called the Lake of the Seven Colours,  it's located about 56 km from Torino, between the French and Italian Alps, they are called the Mountains of the Moon.  I remember prior to this excursion I warned my future husband of how I hated hiking, to which he said not to worry, because it's an easy hike up.  Not so!   It was not the easy hike he made it to be, plus on the way up we took a wrong turn and ended up on a steep trail where on one side there was the mountain and on the other side a steep edge to walk along.  Needless to say that since I'm afraid of heights, I started crying.  That's when my future husband realized how much I was afraid of heights.  In the end we did end up at this beautiful lake and when we sat along the shore of the Lake of the Seven Colours he gave me the first present ever, a pair of earrings that I still have and treasure.  That moment made all my fears vanish and made that special day even more memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment